So I was really happy when I found a place that had a small rack of books for $0.25 a piece. (They also had records, but I’m holding off on buying records until I actually have a record player.) I bought five books, all of them classics I think. Here they are for those that are interested:
1. Postern of Fate by Agatha Christie (the only non-scifi book that I snagged, because I’ve always liked Mrs. Christie’s books, even if sometimes I’m not in the mood for mysteries).
2. Weeping May Terry-Raymond E. Jones/Lester Del Ray
3. Childhood’s End-Arthur C. Clarke (I’ve actually read this before, but I’ve never owned a copy and it’s been a while since I’ve read it)
4. Hell is too Crowded-Jack Higgins (this looked interesting, and I’ve read Jack Higgins before and liked his older stuff too, so hopefully this will be good!)
5. The Book of Skulls-Robert Silverberg (I ALWAYS like Silverberg’s novels.)
What are your favorite classics to read? Any good mysteries or scifi classics you want to throw my way? I may hopefully get the chance to get yet more books later, so if you want to have me read a book to talk about that isn’t too new and expensive, I’d be willing to search it out at my local bookstore.
Aside from that,
Hope everyone had a good weekend! I got lots of rain and stuff, but it was really nice otherwise!
ork, so I’m hoping that I’l;l